The lab checker is someone from the lab that will keep track of the tidiness and safety of the area. They are responsible for keeping the lab in order for one week. On the weeks we have a group lab cleaning there will be no lab checker.
Responsibilities of Lab Checker:
- Fill out this form at least a day before the weekly meeting.
- Notify the next lab checker its their turn
- Make sure all empty reagent bottles are removed from the online inventory system
- Make sure the waste is properly labelled (If you do not know what the waste is contact the group)
- Make sure the eyewash stations are working
- Check to fume-hoods to make sure they are working
- Make sure chemicals are properly stored
- Tidy up the common areas (beside the scales, fume hoods, computer etc)
- Any unlabeled beakers/glassware should be cleaned
- Make sure there is no buildup of glassware on the racks, sinks or base bath.
Restocking Common Items
The lab checker can restock the following items by picking them up at chem-stores.
- Paper towels
- Printing Paper
- 20 mL Vials
- Kim wipes
Dec 19 – Dec 23: GROUP LAB CLEANING
Dec 26 -Dec 30: Holiday Break
Jan 2- Jan 13: Moe & Cheng
Jan 16 – Jan 27: Nicole & Troy
Jan 30 – Feb 10: Huihui & Qin Chen
Feb 13 – Feb 24: Kabirat & Araz
Feb 27 – March 10: Moe & Cheng
March 13 – March 24: Nicole & Troy
March 27 – April 7: Huihui & Qin Chen
April 10 – April 21: Kabirat & Araz
April 24 – May 5: GROUP LAB CLEANING