The lab checker is someone from the lab that will keep track of the tidiness and safety of the area. They are responsible for keeping the lab in order for one week. On the weeks we have a group lab cleaning there will be no lab checker.
Responsibilities of Lab Checker:
- Fill out this form at least a day before the weekly meeting.
- Notify the next lab checker its their turn
- Make sure all empty reagent bottles are removed from the online inventory system
- Make sure the waste is properly labelled (If you do not know what the waste is contact the group)
- Make sure the eyewash stations are working
- Check to fume-hoods to make sure they are working
- Make sure chemicals are properly stored
- Tidy up the common areas (beside the scales, fume hoods, computer etc)
- Any unlabeled beakers/glassware should be cleaned
- Make sure there is no buildup of glassware on the racks, sinks or base bath.
Restocking Common Items
The lab checker can restock the following items by picking them up at chem-stores.
- Paper towels
- Printing Paper
- 20 mL Vials
- Kim wipes
May 8 – May 19 Haonan & Cheng
May 22 – June 2 Huihui & Qixin
June 5 – June 16 Kabirat & Nicole
June 19 – June 30 Araz & Moe & John
July 3 – July 14 Dr. Guo & Qin
July 17- July 28 Haonan & Cheng
July 31 – August 11 Hui Hui & Qixin
August 14 – August 25 Kabirat & Nicole
August 28 – September 8 GROUP LAB CLEANING